1. The contest is open to all youth ages 15 and under, except employees of contest sponsor and their immediate families.
2. Preregistration is required. The contest is limited to the first 50 persons who return the contest entry form. A representative will contact you to indicate if you are one of the first 50 contest entrants.
3. Sew a quilt, using any technique, pattern, design and fabrics you choose:
• Quilts must be no larger than 45” square or 45” in diameter, but may be smaller.
• Quilts may be any shape.
• Construction and quilting may be done by hand or by machine.
• Quilters may use any type of embellishment, batting and backing.
• Quilts must have 4” deep rod pocket at top-back of quilt. This will be used to hang the quilt at the Quilt Expo.
• Identify your quilt with its title and your name on one of the bottom-back corners.
• All work must be done by the exhibitor.
• One quilt per exhibitor, per year.
4. Contest entrants must ship their completed quilts to Nancy Zieman Productions so they arrive on or before August 16, 2019. Note: We recommend that you insure your quilt. Boxes and packaging will not be returned.
5. Preliminary judging will take place two weeks prior to Quilt Expo. Quilts will be judged on workmanship, creativity, and overall appearance. Quilts will be displayed at the Quilt Expo in the Exhibition Hall at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison September 5-7, 2019.
6. Prizes will be awarded to those making the top three quilts. First prize: $200 Nancy’s Notions® gift certificate; second prize: $100 gift certificate; and third prize: $50 gift certificate.
7. Winners will be announced at Quilt Expo on Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 11:15 a.m. on the presentation stage in the Exhibition Hall at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison. Although it is not mandatory that participants attend the awards presentation, we hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to see the quilts made by other young people and to participate in some of the many educational opportunities available at Quilt Expo.
8. Winning quilts and/or the persons who made them may be photographed and/or videotaped for promotional purposes.